One teacher's attempt to connect with other educators across Massachusetts and beyond and provide relevant, up-to-date, and sometime helpful information on next generation assessments, common core state standards implementation, and college and career ready initiatives
Festivities start tomorrow (I managed a quick foot tour of Chicago), but we do have an agenda and the general outline of what is to come over the next two days. One of the most exciting parts in the agenda are the different contexts of collaboration-state team work, state-state team work around subject area (Massachusetts is paired with Maryland and New Jersey), and groupings around grade level (elementary, middle, and high). Pics of the agenda are below:
One more initial thing of note is PARCC’s Goals: These are six overarching goals that I had not seen before, but are a focused summary of PARCC.
1. Create high-quality assessments
2. Build a pathway to college and career readiness for all students (PIC is all I have for you on that)
3. Support educators in the classroom
4. Develop 21st Century, technology-based assessments
5. Advance Accountability at all levels
6. Build an assessment that is sustainable and affordable.
I hope to be actively tweeting via @dgburris and under the #edchat and #ccchat tages. At the close of each day, I hope to provide a summary of the big takeaways and some reflections on what I am learning about PARCC, common core, next generation assessments, professional development, etc.